Wednesday 31 December 2014

Drinking the Remaining Water of Ablution

 al-Husayn bin 'Alee, narrated:

"My father 'Alee called me to bring (water for) ablution, so I brought it to him, and he started by washing his hands three times, before putting them into his water for ablution. Then he rinsed his mouth three times and sniffed water into his nose and blew it out three times. Then he washed his face three times, then his right hand up to the elbow three times, then his left likewise. Then he wiped his head once, then he washed his right foot up to the ankle three times, then the left likewise.

Then he stood up and said: 'Pass me the vessel.' So I passed the vessel containing the remaining water for his ablution to him, and he drank from it standing. I was amazed. When he noticed that, he said: 'Do not be surprised, for I saw your father the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), doing the like of what you have seen me doing.' referring to his ablution and drinking the leftover water while standing.” Recorded by an-Nasaa'ee and classed as saheeh by Shaykh Muqbil.
 
Source: Al-Jaami' as-Saheeh mimma laysa fee as-Saheehayn, vol. 1, p. 445 by Shaykh Muqbil bin Haadee al-Waadi’ee (may Allah have mercy on him).

No comments:

Post a Comment