Sunday 21 May 2017

The Abandoned Supplication while Going to the Masjid

Shaykh Abdullaah bin Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said:

When a worshipper puts on his clean garment, applies perfume and uses siwaak, and leaves his house for the masjid, it is recommended for him to make the Prophet’s supplication that was reported in the hadeeth of Ibn Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: “One night I slept in the house of the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam). He got up, brushed his teeth and performed ablution and recited:

إِنَّ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلاَفِ اللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ لآياتٍ ِلأَولِي الأَلْبَابِ

 Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding. [Aal-Imraan: 190]

He recited these verses till he completed the Soorah. Then he stood up and prayed two rak’ah. He lengthened his standing, bowing and prostration in them. Then he finished, went to sleep and snored. He did that three times, six rak’ah altogether, each time cleaning his teeth, performing ablution, and reciting these verses.

Then he observed three rak’ah of witr. The Mu'adhdhin then pronounced the Adhaan and he went out for prayer while saying:

اللهم اجعل في قلبي نورا وفي لساني نورا واجعل في سمعي نورا واجعل في بصري نورا واجعل من خلفي نورا ومن أمامي نورا واجعل من فوقي نورا ومن تحتي نورا اللهم أعطني نورا

“O Allaah! place light in my heart, light in my tongue, place light in my hearing, place light in my eyesight, place light behind me, and light in front of me, and place light above me, and light below me. O Allaah! grant me light.”[1]

Source: Ahkaam Hudoor al-Masaajid, p. 59, by Shaykh Abdullaah bin Saalih al-Fawzaan





[1] Recorded by Muslim (763)

No comments:

Post a Comment